Rehearsals Messiah Rehearsals Due to COVID levels we will commence rehearsing on Tuesday 5 October…
The Nelson Civic Choir (NCC) is now accepting expressions of interest for a two to three year contract for a conductor starting February 2022.
The NCC is a non-auditioned choir that has concentrated its efforts on a classical repertoire and performing up to three concerts per year.
We are looking for someone to extend our vocal skills and musical knowledge to ensure our concerts are interesting and enjoyable for us and our audiences.
Please contact the Chair, Anne Tucker 021 450 186, or [email protected] for further information.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 17 September 2021. We will commence interviews the following week.
Specifications for role of Conductor for the Nelson Civic Choir
The role of conductor will include:
- Working collaboratively and respectfully with the committee
- Attending at least one committee meeting per term to discuss concert details
- Bringing any issues to the chair and or deputy as soon as possible
- Working collaboratively with the Music committee to determine which music we will perform
- Advising schedules so choristers can be prepared with music
- Rehearsing with the choir every Tuesday evening from 7 to 9pm
- Setting up a concert programme of interest and benefit to choristers and audiences
- Working with the committee to identify soloists and instrumentalists for each concert and with the treasurer to operate within budget constraints
- Working collaboratively and professionally with the NCMA