Newsletter - 23 February 2020
Dear Choir Members
It was a very good rehearsal on Tuesday – great to see our regular members and to meet new members!
Our next rehearsal is on Tuesday February 25th from 7.00 pm – 9.00 pm in the Recital Theatre at NCMA.
Please arrive early enough to sign the registers. New members please write your name and contact details under the appropriate section.
We will start promptly at 7.00 pm with a warm-up.
The front door will be closed after 7.00 pm so please text me on 021475026 if you are unavoidably delayed.
If you are unable to attend rehearsal for some reason please let me know!
If you were not at last week’s rehearsal, you can sign for a copy of The Creation from John Glasgow.
Nigel has asked us to use multi-media resources to practise The Creation. Below (and attached) are the resources Patti kindly found for us:
1.Representation of Chaos
2. In the beginning
3. Now vanish before the holy beams. Chorus entry at 2.00
4. And God made the firmament
5. The marvellous work. Chorus entry at 00.35
6. And God said, Let the waters
7. Rolling in foaming billows
8. And God said, Let the earth
9. With verdure clad
10. And the heavenly host
11. Awake the harp
12. And God said, Let there be lights
13. In splendour bright
14. The heavens are telling
15. And God said, Let the waters
16. On mighty pens
17. And God created great whales
18. And the angels
19. Most beautiful appear
20. The Lord is great. Choir entry at 4.30
21. And God said, let the earth bring forth
22. Straight opening
23. Now in fullest glory shone
24. And God created man
25. In native worth
26. And God saw everything that he had made
27. Achieved is the glorious work
27A. On Thee each living soul awaits
27B. Achieved is the glorious work. Choir second entry at 5.06
28. In rosy mantle appears
29. By Thee with bliss.
Choir entries at 1.19 3.29 4.45 6.00 6.57
30. Our duty we have now performed
31. Graceful consort
32. O happy pair!
33. Sing the Lord ye voices all
See you next Tuesday!
Nelson Civic Choir Inc.